- The school prepares the student for All India Secondary School Examination an All India Senior Secondary School Examination from Pre LKG to standard XII
- The medium of instruction is English and the students are expected to speak only in English within the school campus. Malayalam is a compulsory language from LKG to standard VIII. In standard IX and X the students can choose either Hindi or Malayalam option for Senior Secondary
- Science group; Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Computer and English
- Commerce group; Accountancy, Economics, Business Studies, Computer and English
- Science group; Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Computer and English
The Academic year starts in June and ends in March. All public holidays are holidays for the school. Further details are given in the calendar.
- Admission to LKG class of the succeeding academic year starts by the month of December of the previous year. Application forms and prospectus are issued from the school office from November of the previous year.
- The principal reserves the right to reject any application without assigning any reason.
- The minimum age for admission to LKG class is three and a half years and to standard 1 is 6 years o the first of June of the year of study. The age limit varies correspondingly for admission to other standards. Relaxation to age limit will not be granted.
- Admission in all classes other than LKG is strictly restricted to the number of vacancies arising in each class every year. Separate application forms will be issued for such admissions and a selection test will e conducted on the date announced at the end of every academic year. There will be no new admission in standard IX, X and XII.
- Students seeking admission form other states or countries should produce Transfer Certificates counter signed by competent educational authorities / embassies of the countries concerned.
SCHOOL DISCIPLINE DOES AND DON’T
1. The school uniform is to be worn on all working days. Otherwise, he/she is liable to be denied attendance in the class.
2. All pupils should go for the assembly immediately after the first bell. Strict silence should be observed.
3. Class room is sacred place and making loud noises in the class is absolutely forbidden.
4. The school and its surroundings should be kept neat and tidy.
5. If any damage caused to the school appliances, equipment’s, etc., the equal amount will be charged from those concerned.
6. The school is not responsible for the loss of books, pen, pencils, umbrellas, money and other things. Pupils are not allowed to wear ornaments of gold.
7. Students should speak honestly and frankly and never be shy but cheerful always, and show sign of good manners, courtesy and culture in conversation saying ‘thank you’, ‘ please’, ‘yes teacher’ etc. They must be respectful to all members of the staff.
8. Parents should ensure that their children reach at school on time.
9. Students should never forget to wish ‘Good morning’ or Good afternoon’ as the case may be the teachers and other respectable person or elders. They also should greet one another.
PAYMENT OF FEES
Fees for the twelve months of the academic year are to be paid in three installments.
July – I st Installment : without fine July 11th & with fine before July 20th
October – II nd Installment : without fine October 14th & with fine before October 21st
February –III rd. Installment : Without fine February 13th & with fine before February 20th
The active co-operation of parents with the school is an essential pre-requisite for the welfare of students. Parents can help by enforcing regularity and discipline. They should supervise their child’s daily lessons, see that they put in adequate hours of study at home and complete all written and project work. They should also encourage children to participate in co-curricular activities and school functions.
Parents must attend the Open House meetings to get an update on their child’s academic progress and conduct. In case the parent is unable to attend the Open House, it must be communicated to the class teacher. Parents must collect the report card with that week. All communications sent from school should be acknowledged.
Parent/guardians are not allowed to enter the classrooms. They may meet teachers at the specified time and place. The preferred visiting hours are 12.00 noon to 12.40 pm.
Any change in address or telephone number must be intimated to the school.
Parents who seek information or make complaints may meet the principal between 9.30 am and 1.30 am on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
Making complaints through phone will not be entertained.
RECOMMENDATION TO PARENTS
Parents are requested to send their children on time itself with tidy and full uniform. If there is any changes in their house address, they should inform to the school. Please pay the fees on time to avoid the unpleasant task of sending reminders repeatedly.
Checking the school diary every day to assess the school activities is advisable. Kindly avoid “Gold ornaments and Pocket money” to your children while coming to the school. The use of Plastic and its allied product are discouraged in the school campus. Moreover the parents are requested to watch and observed their ward closely and if they found anything as special in their behavior at home, it should be reported to the class teacher or to the principal immediately. So that, the teachers can pay more attention to the student and can find a remedy.
Parents are advised not to send strangers to collect their children from the school. Criticising of teachers in front of the students are not promoted, rather parents can register their complaints, if any, in the presence of the principal in the office room. Bringing the electronic gadgets like CD player, Pen drive etc. especially, mobile phones are punishable. If anyone found as guilty, a huge some will be imposed as fine and the school has even the right to send that student out of the school. So parents should ensure that their children are not bringing such things.
Parents / Guardians can mark their opinion and remarks on the school diary in the provided column, duly with date and signature. Moreover, the parents can communicate with teachers through parents/ teachers remarks column and ensure the communication through the signature. The teachers also can with the column in vise-ver-sa.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. If the Principal observes during the school-session, that a particular child is medically not fit to attend the school, he reserves the right to send the child back home.
2. The school does not accept any responsibility, whatsoever, for any accident that may happen during or after the school hours, or any other occasion.
3. Speaking of English is encouraged in the School. Good manners, Good habits, obedience, order, neatness of dress and of person, and punctuality are required to be observed at all times.
4. During the working hours, order and silence are to be maintained while moving around the premises. Running, playing or shouting inside the school building is not allowed.
5. The regular attendance of the child in the classes is important. However, the prior submission of an application of absence is necessary. The reason of absence stated therein must be of a satisfactory nature. Application for leave should be briefly written in the school calendar in case of sickness or of other unforeseen circumstances, the pupils, on returning to the school, must show the reason of absence certified by his/her parent or guardian written in the calendar.
6. As per the C.B.S.E rules, 75% minimum attendance is required for the students of classes IX — XII.
7. If a pupil is absent for 15 days without leave, his/her name might be removed from the class roll. The usual readmission fee (Rs. 50/-) will be charged if he/she is to be readmitted.
8. The School shall not be responsible for books, money, clothes or other articles that are lost. The pupils must look after their own belongings. It is not advisable for pupils to have money or valuable articles with them while coming to school.
9. Students are not allowed to enter the classrooms other than their own or to remain in the class-room during the Physical Education period.
10. Students are forbidden to give their teachers individual or collective presents without the permission of the Principal.
11. Students are not allowed to take private tuitions, paid or unpaid, from their subject teachers without the permission of the Principal.
12. Any damage done in the classroom, laboratory, school premises or in the bus has to be made good by the student.
13. Books borrowed from the library should be returned on due date, or replaced if lost.
14. No child should leave the school premises during the recess or during the school hours without the permission of the Principal.
SCHOOL TIMINGS :
9:10 a.m. to 3:15 p.m.
9:00 a.m. teacher’s prayer
9:10 a.m. school prayer
9:20 to 10:00 a.m. 1st period
10 to 10:40 a.m. 2nd period
10:40 to 10:50 a.m. interval
10:50 to 11:30 a.m. period
11:30 to 12:10 p.m. 4th period
12:10 to 12:50 p.m. lunch break
12:50 to 1:30 p.m. 5th period
1:30 to 2 p.m. 6th period
2:00 to 2:05 pm interval
2:05 to 2:40 p.m. 7th period
2:40 to 3:15 p.m.8th period
Our Mission & Vision
To provide quality education that enhances the development of cognitive, effective and psycomotive skills that forms the essence of holistic growth.
Reach us @:
Stella Maris Convent
Senior Secondary School,
Electrogiri, Thiruvaniyoor P.O.,
Ph: 0484 2713149